Ever noticed just how much Realtors dominate bus bench advertising space? Have you considered bus bench advertising for yourself it might be a good fit for you, but without knowing the facts you could lose thousands of dollars.
The true cost of bus bench advertising
Here are some statistics about bus bench advertising in the US:
* There are around 32,000,000 ad-supporting bus benches in the US
* Average cost for one bus bench (2007): $250.00US/month
* Bus bench advertising is an $8 billion industry in the US
Talk to a sales rep for a bus bench and they quote you a monthly rate for space that will vary depending on impressions and location. What they won’t tell you are that you’ll need to pay extra for:
* special design, printing
* special installation
* several additional months paid in advance to guarantee your spot
* periodic repairs that’ll be needed to repair damaged/vandalized benches
These expenses can add up quickly, and unless you’re able to keep the dollars flowing, you’re likely to drive by your bus bench and find you’ve grown a mustache.
Some placements work better than others
In the world of bus benches, the rules are no different: Location, location, location. Bench reps will be able to give you the number of impressions your ad receives in any given period, but impressions alone won’t guarantee success. The following are some other must-haves with your bus bench location:
* Traffic lights
* High traffic areas that get congested during peak traffic hours
* Major arteries into your target areas
Contrasted colors and design
Drivers are inundated with advertising on their commutes, and for yours to stand out it’ll need to have the maximum possible contrast with its surroundings. Make sure to choose colors and fonts accordingly. Better yet – consult a marketing company with experience in bus bench design to help you.
Send the right message
Your bus bench needs to present a consistent, compelling, and SHORT message. Keep the following in mind:
* everyone offers a, “free home evaluation”
* photos may clutter up your bus bench and take away from your message
* your points of contact must be front-and-center: make sure your phone number and website are displayed clearly
* your message must entice potential customers – offer neighborhood real estate stats, or something else that is compelling
So – do bus benches work?
Well, like most things it depends on who you speak to – but the short answer is: yes – but only if you’re smart about it.